“Step Up, Step Out of Your Comfort Zone, and Step Into Leadership”
Focus- Women’s and Children’s Health Issues
SIGN UP for GFWC Legislative Alerts– Click here
SIGN UP for CFWC “QuickBytes” E-news– Click here
SIGN UP for GFWC “News and Notes” E-news– Click here
February 20, 2018
- Pre-registration deadline for Fine Arts Contest (Joye)
- Pre-registration deadline for Crafts Contest (Bev)
- Registration Deadline for Art Festival Brunch
February 27, 2018- Palomar Art Festival & Arts/Crafts Judging in Poway
March 1, 2018-
- GFWC Recruitment Campaign Quarterly Deadline- Send the name of the recruiter and the names and contact information of the active, dues-paying new members to Pam Ament, CFWC 2nd Vice President of Membership. For forms and information, go to: http://www.gfwc.org/membership/recruitment-campaigns/
- Community Improvement Contest due to CFWC Chairman, Shari Meyers
- CFWC Young Musician’s Competition- due to CFWC Chairman, Beverly Ulis
March 15, 2018-
- Deadline for Conservation Challenge Entries to CFWC (GFWC Style Project Runway)
- Deadline for GFWC Newsletter Contest to GFWC
- Deadline for GFWC Website Contest to GFWC
- Deadline for GFWC Media Contest to GFWC
March 23, 2018- SAVE THE DATE- Palomar Spring Fundraiser
March 27, 2018- Membership Meeting (Oceanside) + Short Executive Board Meeting
March 31, 2018- Deadline for “The Firstie Contest”- WHRC Project to CFWC Chairman- Kim Plater
Click on the link below to see the most current Telescope E-news.
- March Telescope – 2018
OUR AREA CLUBS
There are 11 clubs in the North San Diego County Area. Club addresses or links to available websites for each club are listed under “The Palomar District Area Clubs“. We hope you will contact the club serving your area to see what their volunteer opportunities are. Click here for upcoming CLUB events.
The GFWC California Federation of Women’s Clubs is part of an International Community Service Organization which provides education, training and interaction opportunities for volunteers who are committed to individual growth and community improvement to enrich the quality of life throughout California and the world.
THE GOAL OF THE PALOMAR DISTRICT IS TO
UNITE – We offer several opportunities for our members to share ideas at meetings, fundraisers and our annual convention, and through our Club Newsletters.
PROMOTE – GFWC and CFWC endorsed Community Service Projects and membership recruit/retain/orientation ideas. (Attend CFWC Area D Membership Conference – October/November)
OFFER TRAINING IN CLUB MANAGEMENT-
- CFWC Year-end Report Completion
RECOGNIZE – Accomplishments of our members at the annual Arts Festival (February) District Convention (April) and CFWC Convention (May)